Our Consumer Protection Schemes
QASSS is here to ensure installers honour their promises and guarantees and do a professional job from start to finish. QASSS helps consumers make the right choice by using reputable installers that use ethical sales practices, deliver quality workmanship and offer value-for-money. We have three schemes covering the whole of the home improvement sector:
- The Double Glazing & Conservatory Quality Assurance Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS)
- The Home Improvement Consumer Protection Scheme (HICS)
- The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Quality Assured Contractors Scheme (HIES)
We continually monitor and evaluate our schemes’ performance. After every installation, each scheme writes directly to the customer giving them their membership certificate and to ask them to provide feedback on their recent installation. We regularly audit our schemes members and have a comprehensive member performance monitoring process in place. This monitors many aspects of the customer’s experience and ensures adherence to all aspects of the Schemes Rules and any applicable Codes of Practice.
Benefits of all schemes:
- The only consumer protection scheme that is endorsed by George Clarke (Architect & TV Presenter) and Nick Ross (former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch Presenter)
- Increased profit margins
- Increased sales conversion rate
- Access to CTSI approved industry leading approved dispute resolution
- Reduced cancellation rates
- Insurance backed guarantees for every customer
- Deposit and stage payment protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- Access to finance facilities
- One registration does it all
- Suite of free point of sale marketing material
- Access to new leads
- Access to fully vetted and accredited installers (to provide reassurance)
- A free consumer advice line: 0800 195 9433
- Free Deposit and Stage Payment Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- Free Insurance Backed Guarantee (purchased on your behalf by schemes)
- Free mediation for every customer when required (to help fully resolve any disputes)
- Free independent inspections for every customer if required (to assist with installation/product defects at schemes discretion)
- Free access to The Ombudsman for every customer if required (to conclude any disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)
- The only consumer protection schemes in home improvement/energy industry that is endorsed by George Clarke (Architect & TV Presenter) and Nick Ross (Former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch Presenter)
As a company we have only required mediation a small amount of times since becoming a member and found that they have a very fair, independent approach to this, not siding with either the customer or the company; just direct mediation, without emotion, drawing the line based on facts of the contractual agreement. All in all, it has given our customers the confidence to spend more money and given us as a company more confidence to engage with larger contracts, knowing we have the independent service sitting between both parties.
They helped resolve my dispute to 100% satisfaction. Customers need to know they are there to help. Thanks again.
The benefit from a business point of view is the impartial focus given by the officer that interacts with both parties, normally we as the supplier have exhausted all avenues to bring the situation to a satisfactory end, the input and advice given can be hard to swallow but is normally fair and reasonable and will be accepted by both parties prior to any outcome being finalised.
Their assistance was highly efficient, professional and, conducted throughout in an exemplary manner from inception to conclusion. My sincerest thanks to everyone involved.
The individual managers and DRO’s have an in-depth knowledge of not only consumer law and regulations, but the industries they serve as well. I have always found their involvement thorough, professional and innately fair’.
I cannot praise this company enough. They have corrected the faults made by a previous installer and acted very quickly when I reported a fault. All the staff are very efficient and courteous.
QASSS have provided an invaluable service to not just ourselves but to our consumers, which has helped to resolve issues very quickly which otherwise could have been long, protracted and incurring unnecessary costs for both parties. Thank you for the continued support you provide us.
Everything was done very professionally but also with compassion and understanding. I am sure they have to deal with very worried and angry customers but their knowledge and calmness shines through. It’s wonderful to have a company that really knows what it’s doing on your side.
On many occasions in the past your service has provided invaluable assistance to resolve even the most difficult complaints by taking a common-sense approach and a determination to establish the facts. Thank you for everything that you do, and long may your service continue.
A trusted partner
Building on our heritage as a leading consumer protection and membership organisation in the home improvement sector, our dispute resolution process is Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) approved and we have over 10 years’ experience helping businesses and consumers alike. We provide industry-leading expertise and continually work to improve services and standards across the sector.