What does our Glazing Scheme do?
Our glazing scheme is better known as the DGCOS (the Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme). Its aim is to protect consumers, improve the reputation of the glazing industry and ensure compliance with industry regulations. DGCOS offers real consumer protection, and all of its scheme members have been thoroughly vetted to guarantee exceptional service.
Our glazing scheme’s promise is that customers will receive genuine protection and can confidently place an order, knowing their home is in safe hands with a DGCOS member. Members are monitored throughout their membership to ensure ethical trading and a high level of service and satisfaction.
What does DGCOS offer?
As part of the comprehensive protection offered by DGCOS, every customer of a DGCOS member will receive deposit and stage payment protection and an Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG). Once the installation is complete, a scheme certificate will be issued directly to the customer along with the IBG and a customer satisfaction survey to complete.
In addition to free deposit protection, free stage payment protection and free insurance backed guarantees, consumers using a DGCOS accredited member can benefit from our robust and speedy Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) approved alternative dispute resolution service, thus ensuring they are protected at every step of their home improvement glazing journey.
Our glazing scheme has protected:
- The only consumer protection scheme that is endorsed by George Clarke (Architect & TV Presenter) and Nick Ross (Former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch Presenter)
- Increased profit margins
- Increased sales conversion rate
- Industry leading alternative dispute resolution
- Reduced cancellation rates
- Insurance Backed Guarantees for every customer
- Deposit and Stage Payment Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- Access to finance facilities
- One registration does it all
- Suite of free point of sale marketing material
- Access to new leads
- The only consumer protection scheme in glazing that is endorsed by George Clarke (Architect & TV Presenter) and Nick Ross (Former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch Presenter)
- Access to fully vetted and accredited Installers (to provide reassurance)
- A free consumer advice line: 0800 195 9433
- Free Deposit and Stage Payment Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- A free Insurance Backed Guarantee (purchased on your behalf by DGCOS)
- Free mediation for every customer when required (to help fully resolve any disputes)
- Access to free independent inspections for every customer (to assist with installation/product defects at DGCOS discretion)
- Free access to The Ombudsman for every customer if required (to conclude any disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)
As a company we have only required mediation a small amount of times since becoming a member and found that they have a very fair, independent approach to this, not siding with either the customer or the company; just direct mediation, without emotion, drawing the line based on facts of the contractual agreement. All in all, it has given our customers the confidence to spend more money and given us as a company more confidence to engage with larger contracts, knowing we have the independent service sitting between both parties.
They helped resolve my dispute to 100% satisfaction. Customers need to know they are there to help. Thanks again.
The benefit from a business point of view is the impartial focus given by the officer that interacts with both parties, normally we as the supplier have exhausted all avenues to bring the situation to a satisfactory end, the input and advice given can be hard to swallow but is normally fair and reasonable and will be accepted by both parties prior to any outcome being finalised.
Their assistance was highly efficient, professional and, conducted throughout in an exemplary manner from inception to conclusion. My sincerest thanks to everyone involved.
The individual managers and DRO’s have an in-depth knowledge of not only consumer law and regulations, but the industries they serve as well. I have always found their involvement thorough, professional and innately fair’.
I cannot praise this company enough. They have corrected the faults made by a previous installer and acted very quickly when I reported a fault. All the staff are very efficient and courteous.
QASSS have provided an invaluable service to not just ourselves but to our consumers, which has helped to resolve issues very quickly which otherwise could have been long, protracted and incurring unnecessary costs for both parties. Thank you for the continued support you provide us.
Everything was done very professionally but also with compassion and understanding. I am sure they have to deal with very worried and angry customers but their knowledge and calmness shines through. It’s wonderful to have a company that really knows what it’s doing on your side.
On many occasions in the past your service has provided invaluable assistance to resolve even the most difficult complaints by taking a common-sense approach and a determination to establish the facts. Thank you for everything that you do, and long may your service continue.
A trusted partner
Building on our heritage as a leading consumer protection and membership organisation in the home improvement sector, our dispute resolution process is Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) approved and we have over 10 years’ experience helping businesses and consumers alike. We provide industry-leading expertise and continually work to improve services and standards across the sector.