A Trusted Business Partner
Sector specialists in home improvement & renewable energy
For businesses and organisations operating in the home improvement and renewable energy industries, QASSS is the only company in the sector that provides end to end complaint, dispute and claims management to help companies save time, money and reduce risk and liability.
Due to our heritage in consumer protection in home improvement and renewable energy, we have over 10 years’ experience and we are proud to be industry-leading and award-winning for our combination of speed and quality.
We specialise in helping those working in and with the industry and can create a proposition that includes all service lines or individual solutions to meet the specific needs of clients, including:
To find out how we can help your business, get in touch with us today
At QASSS, we are the only company in the UK that can service all market verticals providing end-to-end business solutions, as well as tiered services spanning complaint management, dispute resolution, and claims management.
- Over ten years’ specialist experience in the home improvement and renewable energy sectors
- Industry-leading for speed with award-winning resolution times
- Sector expertise supported by an extensive ‘Knowledge Hub’
- Biggest remedial capacity in the UK
- No. 1 in the lending market
- Complete cost management and controls
- Integrating advanced, interactive technology
- Only company in the industry that can handle cross-sector claims
- CTSI (Chartered Trading Standards Institute) approved
average time to resolve disputes
accredited installers in our reputable installer network
from initial complaint to full completion of remedial works
Our core services
- Complaint Handling – from basic front-line inbound management through to a comprehensive white label service, all designed to help businesses save time, money and in-house resource.
- Claims Management – providing a comprehensive national claims management service including triage, validation and remedial works management across all home improvement market verticals.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – an award-winning and industry-leading service to help resolve disputes using mediation and conciliation with an average resolution time of under 3.59 days (compared to the UK average of 80 days).
- Installation Management – a ‘one-stop’ national solution managing renewable energy installs to an elevated and unique standard.
The benefits of working with QASSS
In-depth sector expertise
Save time, money and in-house resource
Industry leading speed of service
Full end to end protection
Advanced, interactive technology
Great customer outcomes achieved
Who we work with
We deliver a comprehensive range of services and solutions for the following types of businesses and organisations working in and with the home improvement and renewable energy sectors:
- Contractors and Installers
- Financial Institutions
- Government and Local Authorities
- Trade and Membership Organisations
- House Builders
- Housing Associations
- Fintech Companies
- Energy Companies
The markets we work in
Key facts and numbers to consider
- In the UK there are 992,000 construction businesses ranging from PLC type organisations down to owner operators with no employees.
- Annually there are approximately 82,000 company closures with businesses ceasing to trade etc.
- Many complaints are not delay with properly and proceed down the Financial Ombudsman Service route, which can be costly and time consuming for all parties.
- The Financial Conduct Authority is continuing its focus on businesses operating Appointed Representative models in the financial sector.
- Citizen’s advice monitors consumer complaint trends. Over the last 12 months to September 2020, they dealt with over 32,000 issues and complaints relating to the home improvement and renewable energy sector (the second highest sector complained about).
- Greenhouse gas emissions in the UK will be cut to almost zero by 2050, under government plans to tackle climate change.
- The market infrastructure linked to renewables is developing and there will need to be significant growth across new build and retro fitting over the coming years.
- Research by Scottish Power confirms that an estimated 4000 installations (air source heat pumps and EV charging points) will be needed across the UK every day until 2050, if the country is to achieve its carbon target.
- The renewables space has a history of mis-selling by installation companies and this previously resulted in most lending organisations withdrawing from the sector.
- An estimated 12m consumers are affected per year when businesses fail.
- Bad customer service costs firms over £37bn annually.
To find out more about our bespoke business solutions for the sector, please contact us today
Many of us have spent more time at home over the last year than ever anticipated and spending on home improvements has continued to soar according to research by Powered Now, with 48% of the UK spending a staggering £110.3bn […]
Over the last year, many companies have been given a bit of a free pass when it comes to customer service and complaint handling. However, consumer patience is now starting to wear thin. The latest Institute of Customer Service survey […]
Over the last year, during the pandemic, many businesses have avoided litigation and used alternative dispute resolution to resolve commercial disputes. 63% of more than 100 companies surveyed by YouGov for EY said that since the pandemic began, they had […]
Accreditations, Awards and Partners
We have worked with QASSS now for sometime and they have consistently proven themselves to be a highly professional service when liaising with our clients. We would certainly recommend QASSS to any installer / large scale sales organisation who is looking to add a touch of professionalism and finesse to their business.
Special thanks to Tracy, Laura & Alan for all their hard work!
I would just like to say how well Tracey has dealt with our complaint, she has been so helpful, and friendly and has kept us very informed at all times.
She is a real asset to the company.
Having QASSS working alongside our head office team will have a huge impact on the customer services department. Laura and the team have been fantastic in helping with the transition and ensuring they are familiar with our working procedures, protocols and, of course, our products. Welcome to the EEC team.
QASSS have provided an invaluable service to not just ourselves but to our consumers, which has helped to resolve issues very quickly which otherwise could have been long, protracted and incurring unnecessary costs for both parties. Thank you for the continued support you provide us.
We continue to use the QASSS relationship to enhance our customer experience. We are now working with QASSS to handle customer resolutions more seamlessly, using their complaint handling expertise to resolve complaints fairly and quickly and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
On many occasions in the past your service has provided invaluable assistance to resolve even the most difficult complaints by taking a common-sense approach and a determination to establish the facts. Thank you for everything that you do, and long may your service continue.
As a company we have only required mediation a small amount of times since becoming a member and found that they have a very fair, independent approach to this, not siding with either the customer or the company; just direct mediation, without emotion, drawing the line based on facts of the contractual agreement. All in all, it has given our customers the confidence to spend more money and given us as a company more confidence to engage with larger contracts, knowing we have the independent service sitting between both parties.
Their assistance was highly efficient, professional and, conducted throughout in an exemplary manner from inception to conclusion. My sincerest thanks to everyone involved.
The benefit from a business point of view is the impartial focus given by the officer that interacts with both parties, normally we as the supplier have exhausted all avenues to bring the situation to a satisfactory end, the input and advice given can be hard to swallow but is normally fair and reasonable and will be accepted by both parties prior to any outcome being finalised.
The individual managers and DRO’s have an in-depth knowledge of not only consumer law and regulations, but the industries they serve as well. I have always found their involvement thorough, professional and innately fair.
A Trusted Partner
QASSS protects consumers and mitigates risks across the home improvement, renewables and building repair sector. Building on our heritage as a leading consumer protection organisation in the home improvement sector, we are CTSI approved and provide industry-leading expertise and continually work to improve services and standards across the sector.