A Trusted Business Partner
Sector specialists in home improvement & renewable energy
For businesses and organisations operating in the home improvement and renewable energy industries, QASSS is the only company in the sector that provides end to end complaint, dispute and claims management to help companies save time, money and reduce risk and liability.
Due to our heritage in consumer protection in home improvement and renewable energy, we have over 10 years’ experience and we are proud to be industry-leading and award-winning for our combination of speed and quality.
We specialise in helping those working in and with the industry and can create a proposition that includes all service lines or individual solutions to meet the specific needs of clients, including:
To find out how we can help your business, get in touch with us today
At QASSS, we are the only company in the UK that can service all market verticals providing end-to-end business solutions, as well as tiered services spanning complaint management, dispute resolution, remedial works management and claims management.
- Over ten years’ specialist experience in the home improvement and renewable energy sectors
- Industry-leading for speed with award-winning resolution times
- Sector expertise supported by an extensive ‘Knowledge Hub’
- Biggest remedial capacity in the UK
- No. 1 in the lending market
- Complete cost management and controls
- Integrating advanced, interactive technology
- Only company in the industry that can handle cross-sector claims
- CTSI (Chartered Trading Standards Institute) approved
average time to resolve disputes
accredited installers in our reputable installer network
from initial complaint to full completion of remedial works
Our core services
- Complaint Handling – from basic front-line inbound management through to a comprehensive white label service, all designed to help businesses save time, money and in-house resource.
- Remedial Works Management – with the largest combined capacity in our sector, our specialist supply chain provides national coverage across all home improvement market verticals.
- Inspection Services – a tiered range of services including desktop video capture, evidential reporting, technician reporting, surveyor reporting and expert witness inspections on complex claims or major issues.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – an award-winning and industry-leading service to help resolve disputes using mediation and conciliation with an average resolution time of under 3.59 days (compared to the UK average of 80 days).
- Claims Management – a ‘one-stop’ national solution providing claims triage and validation service to manage fraud, costs and lifecycle.
- Risk Mitigation – our industry expertise, technology and market data combine to deliver underwriting support and protection for financial institutions.
The benefits of working with QASSS
In-depth sector expertise
Save time, money and in-house resource
Industry leading speed of service
Full end to end protection
Advanced, interactive technology
Great customer outcomes achieved
Who we work with
We deliver a comprehensive range of services and solutions for the following types of businesses and organisations working in and with the home improvement and renewable energy sectors:
- Contractors and Installers
- Financial Institutions
- Government and Local Authorities
- Trade and Membership Organisations
- House Builders
- Housing Associations
- Fintech Companies
- Energy Companies
The markets we work in
Key facts and numbers to consider
- In the UK there are 992,000 construction businesses ranging from PLC type organisations down to owner operators with no employees.
- Annually there are approximately 82,000 company closures with businesses ceasing to trade etc.
- Many complaints are not delay with properly and proceed down the Financial Ombudsman Service route, which can be costly and time consuming for all parties.
- The Financial Conduct Authority is continuing its focus on businesses operating Appointed Representative models in the financial sector.
- Citizen’s advice monitors consumer complaint trends. Over the last 12 months to September 2020, they dealt with over 32,000 issues and complaints relating to the home improvement and renewable energy sector (the second highest sector complained about).
- Greenhouse gas emissions in the UK will be cut to almost zero by 2050, under government plans to tackle climate change.
- The market infrastructure linked to renewables is developing and there will need to be significant growth across new build and retro fitting over the coming years.
- Research by Scottish Power confirms that an estimated 4000 installations (air source heat pumps and EV charging points) will be needed across the UK every day until 2050, if the country is to achieve its carbon target.
- The renewables space has a history of mis-selling by installation companies and this previously resulted in most lending organisations withdrawing from the sector.
- An estimated 12m consumers are affected per year when businesses fail.
- Bad customer service costs firms over £37bn annually.
To find out more about our bespoke business solutions for the sector, please contact us today
Zanussi covers the whole of the UK installing and upgrading boilers. Owned by the Electrolux Group, they have been established since 1916 and are widely recognised for the quality of their innovative products. To help free up internal resources to […]
Award-winning dispute resolution company, QASSS, recently shared their experiences of complaint handling with the Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO) at their recent member complaint handling workshop. QASSS is industry-leading for their speed of resolution, averaging 3.59 days for disputes, whilst […]
Good customer service has always been important, now more than ever given the rise of social media and review sites. Quick and effective complaint handling will help you turn customer complainers into brand advocates, helping to increase brand loyalty and […]
Accreditations, Awards and Partners
As a company we have only required mediation a small amount of times since becoming a member and found that they have a very fair, independent approach to this, not siding with either the customer or the company; just direct mediation, without emotion, drawing the line based on facts of the contractual agreement. All in all, it has given our customers the confidence to spend more money and given us as a company more confidence to engage with larger contracts, knowing we have the independent service sitting between both parties.
They helped resolve my dispute to 100% satisfaction. Customers need to know they are there to help. Thanks again.
The benefit from a business point of view is the impartial focus given by the officer that interacts with both parties, normally we as the supplier have exhausted all avenues to bring the situation to a satisfactory end, the input and advice given can be hard to swallow but is normally fair and reasonable and will be accepted by both parties prior to any outcome being finalised.
Their assistance was highly efficient, professional and, conducted throughout in an exemplary manner from inception to conclusion. My sincerest thanks to everyone involved.
The individual managers and DRO’s have an in-depth knowledge of not only consumer law and regulations, but the industries they serve as well. I have always found their involvement thorough, professional and innately fair.
I cannot praise this company enough. They have corrected the faults made by a previous installer and acted very quickly when I reported a fault. All the staff are very efficient and courteous.
QASSS have provided an invaluable service to not just ourselves but to our consumers, which has helped to resolve issues very quickly which otherwise could have been long, protracted and incurring unnecessary costs for both parties. Thank you for the continued support you provide us.
Everything was done very professionally but also with compassion and understanding. I am sure they have to deal with very worried and angry customers but their knowledge and calmness shines through. It’s wonderful to have a company that really knows what it’s doing on your side.
On many occasions in the past your service has provided invaluable assistance to resolve even the most difficult complaints by taking a common-sense approach and a determination to establish the facts. Thank you for everything that you do, and long may your service continue.
A Trusted Partner
QASSS protects consumers and mitigates risks across the home improvement, renewables and building repair sector. Building on our heritage as a leading consumer protection organisation in the home improvement sector, we are CTSI approved and provide industry-leading expertise and continually work to improve services and standards across the sector.